My Happy Hounds

Friday 12 December 2014

Scrumy, yummy, home baked dog treats

I made a batch of Black Pudding bisuits for all the kids at Kingsdale today. They were consumed instantly and are a useful, tasty morsel for training purposes.
I have a dog bone cookie cutter and I also roll the dough into small balls in the palm of my hand. Do what ever you like as this dough is very pliable and easy to roll.

One roll of Black Pudding (not the huge roll)
A dollop of runny honey
A Tablespoon of Oatmeal
A Desertspoon of Ground Flaxseed.
Oven Temp- 185'
Cooking time- approx 20 minutes.

The best method that works really well is to put the Black Pudding in a processor and blend until crumbly. Then add the remaining ingredients. Blend it again and the mixture will form a dough within a few minutes.
Flour a board and roll the dough out to the required thickness and use a bisuit cutter or make balls in the palm of your hand.
Place on a parchment sheet and bake in the oven for around 20 minutes. I then turn the oven off and leave them to cool in the oven and then the biscuits get crispy which my dogs like.

You can freeze these biscuits; however I'll be surprised if your dogs will leave you any to freeze!!

Pictures of the biscuits and dogs!





Khan, Cara and Benny patiently waiting whilst Teal, the Springer Spaniel, is more interested in her bone! 





Please comment if you try this recipe and let me know if your dog gives the biscuits a 'Paw Up'!
Please add any favorite recipes that you would recommend; Cara Doll and Benny Bear would be grateful.

Bye for now from the Kingsdale Pack
Cara Doll, Benny Bear, Khan and Teal  



No comments:

Post a Comment