My Happy Hounds

Sunday 21 December 2014

Polly, Queen for the week!

Cara Doll has always enjoyed sharing with other dogs; it doesn't matter what it is- toys, food, her bed- it matters not one iota to her.
However, imagine Cara's surprise when Polly came to stay for the week and found out that Polly DOES NOT share!!
Polly is a cute, lovable and loving White Chinese Crested Powder Puff; she is tiny in size and massive in personality. This is her second visit to Kingsdale and immediately remembered that this 'home' was her temporary home and she became Queen of the Kingsdale Pack for the week!

Cara and I have a really great 'girlie' moment when I go to bed. She cuddles in to my side, flips over onto her back, all 4 legs in the air, her head resting on my face and I imagine her 'purring' in delight. If a dog could purr, I know she would!
As soon as Polly arrived, she watched this encounter and instantly decided that this was definately for her. So she leapt on the bed and crawled her way up my body until we were nose to nose and eye to eye. She then settled down to sleep. Cara was nestled into my side as happy as can be.
The next night, Polly made sure she was first on the bed and then defended her territory with vigour and enthusasism! Cara initially wasn't concerned until she was chased off the bed by this tiny dog.
The pattern had been established, if Polly was on the bed first, there was NO SHARING with any dog. If Cara was on the bed first, then sharing was allowed and Polly and Cara slept together.

I tried different tatics with Cara and Polly to no avail; they both seemed very content with the arrangement.

I am always humbled by dogs as I observe how they bare no grudges and always respond from the present moment. Cara held no grudge against Polly, they played together, lay on the sofa together, had treats together; in fact they were best pals until it came to the BED!!

A wonderful lesson for me to apply to my life. Just let go of all the negativity and enjoy life.

Pretty Polly- The Sofa Queen!


Have a fabulous Christmas with love from the Kingsdale Pack.






No comments:

Post a Comment