My Happy Hounds

Wednesday 10 December 2014

For The Love of Dogs

I am so excited to be writing my first Happy Hounds Blog and my desire is for this Blog to inspire dog owners to share their stories, to ask questions and to be supported on their journey as a dog lover and owner.
I have always wanted a dog; infact I struggle to remember when I wasn't imagining having a dog. When Mike and I moved to the Highlands our dream came true and Cara Doll and Benny Bear became a part of the Duffy clan!





Through my relationship with these wonderful dogs, I have gained many insights about myself and how my emotions and feelings have a direct influence on my dogs and I now wish to inspire dog lovers to reach their highest potential for themselves first and foremost and then for their beloved dogs.
                                             Happy Owners=Happy Hounds!

We have a lovely boy staying with us at Kingsdale Dog Home Boarding called Khan. He is a Black Labrador and is brimming with energy and vitality!
When he arrived last week, we soon found out that Khan loves to CHEW! He gets the Kingsdale Award for the best chewer that we have shared time with and now after a week with us, he has stopped his chewing completely.
Tomorrow, I shall share how I acheived this through first releasing my negativity and reclaiming my positive outlook.
His award? An activity toy that I made which Cara, Benny and Khan enjoy and which cost me next to nothing! How awesome is that?!
I got the idea from a great book called 'Brain Games' by Claire Arrowsmith.
I used an threadbare tea towel and cut it into 3 strips. Tied one end and then began to plait the ends, placing a treat in the plait as I went along. You then tie the other end.
If you are lucky you will have the toy unravelled after being chewed and thrown around, so you can use it again!! The above toy is Cara's and has been used twice; Khan's is in the rubbish bin!

Any questions, please post.

Bye for now from me and the Kingsdale pack.





No comments:

Post a Comment