My Happy Hounds

Wednesday 7 January 2015

Scrummy Haggis Dog Biscuits

Easy to create Haggis Dog Biscuits!

Yes, it is true, baking dog biscuits has just got easier!
Lidl was selling Haggis at a really good price, so I decided I would create some biscuits for the Kingsdale Hounds and oh my this turned out to be a huge succss for the dogs and for me.
I used one Haggis, a drizzle of runny honey and a desertspoon of ground lindseed(flaxseed), popped it all in a food processor and whizzed it all around for a few minutes. It formed a ball easily and I turned it out onto a floured surface, split it into 3 portions and then rolled it with my hands as if I was making sausage rolls! It rolls easily and then I just divided it up into small portions. I also used my cooker cutters so I had an assortment of shapes and sizes for training purposes.
Oven temperature around 180' and baked for 20 minutes. I left them in the oven to cool and crisp.
They freeze really well and retain their shape.
Next time I will bake for a few minutes longer as I prefer crisper biscuits (well not me, the dogs!!!); have fun with the recipe and add spices or oatmeal and see what happens! Your dogs will let you know if you have a winner on your hands!

1 x Haggis
1 dessertspoon of Ground Linseed
Drizzle( approx 1 desertspoon) of runny honey
Mixed in a food processor
Bake in oven 180' for 20-25 mins

Happy Hounds is the result!!

Let me know how you get on with the recipe or if you add your dogs favourite ingredient into the mix.

Bye for now from the Happy Kingsdale Hounds

No comments:

Post a Comment