My Happy Hounds

Thursday 8 January 2015

Hide and Seek the Kingsdale way!

Cara Doll is an expert at hide and seek when we are out on walks. Mike and I can hide wedged in between shrubs or crouched behind a tree and she will find us! She then does the Cara shuffle as her head goes one way and her bum goes the other and she darts off to celebrate winning the game!

Last night, I decided I would raise the bar on the Hide and Seek Game! So, I went into the bathroom, turned the light off and hid in the bathtub. I then whistled Cara and waited whilst trying to stifle my giggles.
Mayhem ensued as Cara, Khan and Benny Bear tried to locate me; I heard them storm into the bedroom, then the kitchen and finally the study. Silence descended and I imagined them scratching their heads in disbelief! Where is Mum?
So, I whistled again and they repeated the whole process of going from room to room but NEVER once came into the bathroom. Third time lucky, I thought, and whistled again(I'm getting hoarse and a tad cold!!) I heard Cara Doll come in and leave immediately and then Khan, the magnificent, came in and peered over the edge of the bathtub!! Seconds later, Cara came in and very slowly peered over the edge, rather as if she was expecting to see a ghost!!

Khan is the champion at Hide and Seek constantly beating Cara at finding me. I have to admit she doesn't look very happy at coming in a poor second.

I then tried hiding behind a door, thinking this game would be too easy. No way the dogs chorus! It took ages before, yes you guessed it, Khan looked around the door and found me.

Khan has handed down the gauntlet to Cara Doll and I'm not sure whether she is up to taking the challenge. Mayhem will ensue at Kingsdale tonight and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my lovely Cara Doll can do better than Khan!

If you have never tried this game, I would recommend it. Dogs love to play as I'm sure you do; this game will also get their brains into action and hopefully(thinking of Cara!) improve their memory!

Bye for now from Kingsdale Happy Hounds and a very smug Khan!

No comments:

Post a Comment